Monday, July 18, 2011

Playing MP3's In Counter Strike

I was typing on the CS1.6 console and accidentally found this command "mp3", explored it on the web and found how to use it. It goes like this:
Simply jump onto the location: "C:\Program Files\Counter-Strike 1.6\cstrike\media". If you have it in some other location then go to your path: ".....\Counter-Strike 1.6\cstrike\media" folder. Copy any song or mp3's to this folder. Now, execute the game and type in the console:

play mp3 : mp3 play FolderName/mp3Name
stop mp3 : mp3 stop
Increase/Decrease mp3 Volume : mp3volume x (eg. mp3volume 2)
Change Fade Time for mp3's : mp3fadetime x (eg. mp3fadetime 2.0)


For example: If I need to play walk.mp3 from the media folder which I pasted it earlier. I simply need to type in: mp3 play media/walk on the console. If I need to stop I just need to type: mp3 stop on the console.


Kill 'em All. Happy Hunting!
ENJOY